Friday, February 17, 2012

Oh the tumbles i take...

Thursday brought sunshine and almost 50 degree temperatures so we were able to take a walk for our studio class. We toured the library and saw some very ancient books and papers which was drastically different than our libraries in America. Later in the day, I was able to walk around and do some research work for studio. The snow has started to really melt and you have to dodge the cars to avoid splashing from tires. We also visited the gelateria for the first time and it was better than I had imagined--very smooth and rich with flavor--but of course after I got my cone I fell backwards as I stepped back not seeing the step behind me and crashed into an empty snack rack..dropping my gelato cone. It was quiiiiite the scene. Luckily there were plenty of people to watch it happen. Luckily. After dinner, we attended the "American Pie" themed party at La Posta. They had an American flag for decoration as well as an inflatable person and several red, white & blue balloons. Definitely interesting..


a really good creamy vegetable soup with toasted garlic bits and pepper--def my soup so far 

really tasty salami, deviled eggs, and a salad with munster or gouda chunks, pears, kiwis with bread chunks mixed in..unexpected combination but very complimentary
gelato
the american party


2 comments:

  1. Falling seems to be a definate theme to your trip - does this happen often or just in Italy? Did you get another gelato? If not I hope you go back another time and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica
    We have been looking for your new blog ever day and were so excited to finally see it. How wonderful, we loved it. I bet you'll have some strong legs when this is over, so happy for
    you that you are getting to do this, stay well and have fun.
    Love You
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete