Thursday, February 16, 2012

“Field Trip Wednesday” got off to a rocky start. En route to the train station at 7am, a slip on some black ice left me in a peculiar position that somehow popped the heel off my boot. Turns out the heels of my boots are hollow inside but luckily I was able to tack it back on with my body weight so I could make it to the train station. We went to Florence again this week to see the Uffizi Gallery. The museum tour lasted until the afternoon and we window shopped afterwards as it was sprinkling rain. On our way back to the train, we ran into a chocolate festival! It was the place to be for any chocolate lover. We got some samples which were unbelievably good (one being a slice of chocolate with some sort of hazelnut cream in between the chocolate layers…very tasty and smooth) I settled with getting a kabob with strawberries and bananas freshly dipped in milk chocolate fondue. I don’t know what was better, the chocolate-fruit combination or tasting bananas for the first time since I left America. Needless to say it was delightful and worth standing in the rain/missing the train we were trying to catch. I am looking forward to trying some gelato(Italian ice cream) this week, the ‘gelateria’ down the street from the study center opened up today for the season. We are planning a hike up the mountain Friday to check out the castle that you can see from our window. Should be a good workout and as well as provide us with some great photo opportunities.

  
view from the Uffizi Gallery windows
another view from the Uffizi Gallery patio
chocolate festival in Florence!

tortilini filled with sausage in a soup..broth was similar to chicken noodle soup
Wednesday night dessert: cake with raisins in it, different but good

No comments:

Post a Comment