Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pienza+Montepulciano Field Trip

Today, our field trip took us to Pienza and Montepulciano. When we arrived in Pienza we toured the Pope of Pienza's House, nothing too exciting. So I am jumping right to the main event of the day: lunch. We had another arranged lunch and it was possibly the best meal I have ever consumed. They served us entirely too much but it was heavenly. Then we got back to the study center, planning on not eating much at dinner and then they bring out the fried chicken and french fries...
everyone in the restaurant

3 different types of brushetta-olive spread, mushroom, beef
white lasagna- no ricotta cheese, filled with something more magical and creamy. This was the best thing I have ate so far in Italy.
3 types of meat--chicken, sliced beef, and sausage. The sausage was really good and flavorful
just when we thought we were finished they brought out more forks and plates for tiramisu
view from the loggia of the Pope of Pienza's Palace

1 comment:

  1. I do like your food pics and posts....you know I love my food!!!

    ReplyDelete