Sunday, April 15, 2012

Perugia Field Trip + Cinque Terre Day 1

Friday 3.13.12
Friday, we went as a class to Perugia. This town may sound familiar to you as this was where the events of the Amanda Knox case happened. The town was really interesting and a little more modern than what we are used to seeing. We had to leave early to catch a train to our weekend destination: Cinque Terre. After about six hours of train travel we arrived in Riomaggiore. Cinque Terre consists of five cities bordering the seaside. A main activity in Cinque Terre is to hike from town to town. They are fairly small in size. Our hostel was in Riomaggiore so we spent the rest of Friday there. For dinner, we went to a restaurant called La Lampara. Here, I decided to be somewhat adventurous with my menu selection and order pasta with shrimp. I was expecting the normal little pieces of shrimp. Little did I know, there would be whole crustaceans mixed into my pasta.  I could not do it, I tried to figure it out but was entirely too grossed out. They kind of looked like grasshoppers…it was weird. So I just ate the pasta which was topped with a cream sauce and tomatoes. We spent the rest of the night playing card games in our hostel with friends.
underground city of Perugia
Perugia

Riomaggiore

not my best idea..


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica
    Those shrimp we're probably good, you should have peeled one haha' We contine to enjoy your blogs, sure glad I have the computer.
    Love You
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete